Translate

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Short & Sweet



Dear Family & Friends- 

      I am really limited on email time this week. Hopefully, next week I will get to catch y'all up on all the adventures of the week. We were in Vienna on P-Day to get some necessary things done so Sister E. can serve in Germany as well. 
     Congratulations MOM- you can be a missionary anywhere you are and with anyone you serve with or for. Just keep following the spirit and you will never say the wrong thing or be found offensive or pushy- that is definitely one thing I have learned here. When the spirit says "open your mouth", well then you'd better open your mouth. If Heavenly Father trusts you with a message, then it is definitely your duty to share it.
     But I agree, there are sometimes that I want to sing the humble song as a missionary. It really is such a rewarding work!  And the coolest thing about it is that it is the LORDS work, so that's why we feel so good and strong when we are doing it, is because we have the power of Heaven on our side!  It is a very cool feeling and I am so glad that you are having a chance to feel it too :)

Queen Assissis Castle


Brrr... Baby it's cold outside!

Schonbrunn Schloss
     

     So President Miles was here for interviews last Saturday, and at that point, I had made up my mind to come home early and get ready to head to school for Fall semester. I told President Miles what I was thinking about, I told him my options and my opinions, and then asked him what he thought. I was expecting him to tell me that he would support me no matter what, and that it really didn't matter, yada yada! But he straight up told me"'well sister Peterson, you can go early if you want, but to me it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to lose out on 6 amazing weeks of missionary service just to get one semester ahead in school." 
     I left the interview actually kind of upset, kind of confused that he would give me that advice after I had already made my decision. Then I thought a lot about WHY I was feeling so upset, and I realized that it was because I knew he was right. I know that for lots of people, going home early is better, or an okay decision. But I think I have felt in my heart that staying is right for me, but my brain has been trying to convince myself to go early, not because it is a bad decision, but because I had the wrong reasons. I can't imagine anything else than serving a whole 18 months. 
     I have about 7 months left now, and if I chose to go early, I would only have about 5 and a half, and I am not sure if that is something I would be willing to lose!  But I do still want to pray about it and consider my options. I will make my final decision, and then move forward with faith.  If it is right, I will feel peace. If I should go early, then I have asked the Lord to let me know, and I will change my decision.  But for now, I have decided to stay :)
     Sorry again that my emails aren't really too exciting this week, we are having to scramble to find time to do them at all!  
     Aah, crazy week! love you!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment